
Monday September 14, 2009
I'm Back On TV and You Can Enter the Challenge This Week!
Yes, The Biggest Loser is premiering tomorrow night, but you can catch me on TV before that. Today I'll be on Rachael Ray for her block party — check your local listings! Then tomorrow morning, I'll be live on the TODAY Show. Also tomorrow, I'm going to start taking sign-ups for my "Give Me 20" Challenge — are you in? Learn more now!
SUCCESS STRATEGIES
Key Relationships
We all have different emotional triggers — positive AND negative — when it comes to relationships in our lives. As you know, I consider these three key relationships crucial to your new, healthy lifestyle: a partner in crime, a role model, and a fan.
Take time to evaluate and plan your strategy and support needed with different triggers. Start by just writing down the triggers you notice that affect your behaviors. Then set a coping skill in place.
While it's wonderful if you can get this kind of support at home, sometimes that's not the easiest place to turn when you're making these major changes. So many of my teammates have found the Message Boards to be an essential source of advice about their journey.
JILLIAN'S TIP OF THE DAY
Stand Up for Yourself
It's not always easy to confront people who are sabotaging your weight-loss efforts. Sometimes they'll listen to you and be able to change their behavior, but often their behavior has more to do with their own need for approval than with your need for support. No matter what their response, it's up to you to stay firm and hold your ground. At the end of the day, your health is your responsibility and you will enjoy and reap the benefits. It is worth every effort you make.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.